2020年5月13日 星期三

Conference note: Linux I2C in the 21st Century - Wolfram Sang, Consultant / Renesas

This conference is intent to brief overview what't new in Linux I2C subsystem.
I found some interesting part of the I2C subsystem of the latest linux kernel:


  • The API i2c_dummy_device() for I2C device have more than one slave address.

Declare a dummy I2C deivce share same device but different slave address

  • Recommend new API to create I2C device: i2c_new_ancillary_device()

  • Dynamic address assign : In same I2C bus and dynamic detect what address should use.


I2C has been widely used in industry for decades and has some enhance feature like have multi slave address or dynamic assign address of slave in the same bus,
 bring lots of challenge for developer and Linux kernel provide some new API for more generic driver development.


Further speaking:
I3C is the next generation serial bus to replace I2C but I didn't saw much application  right now.


Reference : 
  1.  Linux I2C in the 21st Century - Wolfram Sang, Consultant / Renesas
  2.  I2C and SMBus Subsystem
  3.  I3C 



沒有留言:

張貼留言

Linux driver: How to enable dynamic debug at booting time for built-in driver.

 Dynamic debug is useful for debug driver, and can be enable by: 1. Mount debug fs #>mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug 2. Enable dy...